What are your opening hours?

Our offices are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

How do I know if my business is adequately insured?

Your dedicated account handler will go through a fact finding exercise with you. This can be done over the phone, fee to fee or via email. Once we have obtained all the correct information, we will talk to you through the mandatory required and optional covers tailored for your business needs.

Do I have to be trading for a number of years to be able to get cover?

No, our range of insurance packages enables us to deliver the right solution for both start- ups as well as established businesses.

Can I pay my premium by direct debit / monthly installments?

There are various payment options available to you depending on your insurance arrangement, including payment via premium credit which is a third party company specialising in the provision of premium finance to individuals and business.

I might be under insured. Is that a problem?

It is really important to ensure you have adequate cover for your business, in order for any losses to be covered in the event of an issue. If your insurance isn’t up to standard business owners could be personally liable for the shortfall. We always recommend you take a full audit of your business to ensure your cover is adequate. Call us and we will help you.

How are claims settled?

At Riverdale Insurance we pride ourselves with making the claims process as straight forward as possible. You will be allocated a personal claims handler who will communicate with you frequently. They are tasked with guiding you through the whole process, whilst also ensuring you receive maximum compensation against your claim.

What is retroactive cover?

Retroactive cover usually refers to ongoing professional indemnity cover. It offers you protection from the date from which you first held uninterrupted professional indemnity insurance. This means you can still shop around for the best deal knowing that, even if you change insurance company, you’re covered for the past and present.

What are the legal insurances to have in the UK?

Recommended insurances for businesses vary depending on the type of work that you do. As a minimum, if you employ people then you must have employers’ liability insurance, if you have vehicles you will need motor insurance. Our team can conduct a complete review of your business to advise on the legal insurances you must have, plus the recommended ones that make good business sense.

What is professional liability insurance?

Professional liability insurance offers protection against any claim made for financial compensation due to errors or omissions in professional services you have provided. Insurance will cover the cost of defending any civil lawsuit as well as some damages due.